- Take part in a peaceful and exciting excursion to Mekong’s rice fields, fruit gardens and coconut forest.
- Experience the unique culture and enjoy the typical local dishes as well as various local tropical fruits.
- Enjoy shopping at Cai Be floating market and truly experience the sound and scent of Mekong culture
Day 1 Ho Chi Minh – Cai Be – Can Tho
Pick up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City and transfer to Caibe (NOT INCLUDED in cabin price).
Boarding at Cai Be at noon. Welcome drink, Introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins.
Departure towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang.
Lunch while en route. Rest on the deck.
The Bassac slips into the Chợ Lách canal, in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the river traffic, between markets and churches, a unique opportunity for a glimpse of the very varied life on the banks as well as on the water.
Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby.
Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit River.
The Bassac sets anchor just downstream from the little Tra On Floating Market for the night.
Accommodation: Bassac Cruise
Day 2 Can Tho – Ho Chi Minh
You may get up for breakfast as early as 06:30, as the ship is resuming its cruise the Tra On Floating Market. The ship then departs towards Can Tho.
Arrival in Cai Rang Floating Market, check out and transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, the nearby arroyos and gardens and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Cần Thơ.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
Normal price: 235 USD/ Person
- 2D/1N Bassac package (joint basis)
- Accommodation on boat with meals as program.
- Entrance fees
- Service charge, room tax and handling fee
- Transfer from/to Ho Chi Minh city, Cai Be, Can Tho by Private Car
- Accommodation in Ho Chi Minh City
- International airfare to/from Vietnam
- Personal insurance
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry & etc.