Da Lat Coffee farm and La Viet coffee shop (Meal: Lunch)
In the morning:
08:00: Pick up from your Hotel and go to work at the coffee farm.
- Receive working tools: basket, gloves, boots and a hat.
- Introduction to different coffee varietals, coffee tree identification, planting, caring and harvesting coffee.
- Hand pick coffee cherries (coffee cherries ripen from September to February). Only pick ripe cherries and not green ones. Picking time: 1 hour. Weigh and check the quality of the cherries after finishing.
- Introduction to wet processing.
- Wash, remove floaters, pulp and ferment coffee.
12:00 Learning how to prepare special Vietnamese baguette and having lunch.
In the afternoon:
13:30: Visit the coffee facilities, introduction to secondary/dry process and processing machines. Enter the roasting room, understand the roaster, roasting profile and roasting technique.
Working in the coffee lab:
- Identify green beans.
- Analyze coffee defects.
- Sort out the defects (350 gram per person, 15 minutes to complete).
- Understand the guidelines of coffee roasting and learn how to control a sample roaster.
- Roast coffee (200 gram/1 batch per person).
- Explain and practice cupping coffee.
- Introduction to brewers and brewing methods.
- Choose a brewer and brew your coffee.
- Enjoy the coffee.
16:30 : pack your coffee and finish the day. Transfer back to your hotel in Da Lat city
NOTE: above tour is only available from September to January (Havest time of coffee). Other months of the year, half day tour is recommended (do not go to the coffee farm).
Half day tour can be started at 8.30 am or 13.30 pm.